Bored of Cherries? Try Berries for your Gout Treatment!
When searching for a natural remedy for your gout, cherries and cherry juice are often the first food that pops up. But we are now finding that it's not just cherries. Other berries are also helpful for lowering uric acid levels. Strawberries, blueberries, and other red-blue berries tend to be high in antioxidants, decreased purine, and have low acidity, making them perfect snacks for gout sufferers.
Gout is caused by high levels of uric acid, which in turn crystallizes in the joints, especially in the toes, feet and knees. Large amounts of the sharp crystals cause painful gout flares. The goal of many natural remedies and also prescription medications is to either decrease uric acid levels (prevention) or pain and inflammation relief from existing gout flares, or both.
- Eating berries will not likely stop a gout size, but eating all of them regularly helps to lower uric acid levels, staving off the painful attacks.
- Some of the best berries to keep the uric acid levels low are:
Strawberries- Flavonoids tend to be another inhibitor of the enzyme cyclooxygenase (COX), the same enzyme that is inhibited through the flavonoids in cherries and by NSAIDs such as ibuprofen. Flavonoids are helpful in the reduction of swelling. Strawberries are high in flavonoids such as pelargonidin and contain small amounts of the cyanidin, delphinidin as well as petunidin. Pelargonidin is the substance which are strawberries red.
The Best All-Natural Remedies for High Uric AcidGoutezol Gout Relief contains soothing herbal ingredients created to support healthy uric acid metabolism. Goutezol contains only the best quality botanical ingredients that have been scientifically developed to work for optimal results. Goutezol's ingredients have been used safely for many years to support healthy uric acid metabolism, help reducing high uric acid levels. Now they are all combined into this unique gout formula. Reducing uric acid and supporting uric acid metabolism has been shown to eliminate the discomfort and flare-ups associated with gout.
More about This Product »
- Blueberries- These little berries are quite high in anthocyanidin, an important flavonoid.
- As with most other fruits, they're also extremely high in antioxidants.
- Eat plenty of these to be able to keep your uric acid levels as low as it can be.
Stiffness and Joint Pain Drugs Stiffness and Joint Pain DrugsJoint pain or stiffness are usually brought about by arthritisStiffness may result from long stretches of physical dormancy and it happens when a person cannot move his or her joint appropriately. In numerous...
What is the Best Way to Diagnose Gout in the Foot?.m4v
What is the Best Way to Diagnose Gout in the Foot Hi... I'm Dr Christopher Segler, a podiatrist in San Francisco and this video will explain the best way to ...
- Elderberries- Elderberries are great for gout as also, they are low in purine, but high in cyanidin.
- However, the red elderberries shouldn't be ingested at all, and white elderberries really should not be eaten raw.
- If you want to get the benefits of elderberries, choose elderberry juice or elderberry extracts.
Check out a tasty antioxidant-rich, low purine dessert option here at Health.com
Eating a minimal purine diet hasn't helped to reduce your gout flares, talk to your doctor about colchicine, a prescription drug proven to reduce the severity and numeracy of gout attacks. With the recent price jump in the United states market, consider Big Mountain Drugs, a Canadian online pharmacy providing both brand name Colcrys and its generic alternative, colchicine.