Cause of Gout May also Predict Heart Failure
Timothy Spaulding, a Top Health Blogger for the Arthritis Community on Wellsphere and author of the Current Arthritis News and Research Blog explains in the recent article.
- Spaulding explains that uric acid naturally takes place in the body as a byproduct of many different foods.
- High levels are best known as a cause of gout.
According to Dr. Krishnan, the "study shows that high levels of uric acid significantly increase your risk of developing heart failure later on in life."
- The good news is that the test for computing this is very cheap and easily available.
- In fact, a simple $2-blood test may allow doctors to determine whether a patient is at risk of developing heart failure between their future.
Dr. Krishnan analyzed data obtained from the national Heart, Lung and Blood Institute participants of the Framingham Offspring cohort study. That study began in 1971 and the participants had been followed for cardiovascular events for 25 years.
- There were 4,989 participants in the Framingham Offspring study, and of those, 4,912 were eligible for Dr.
- Krishnan's examine.
- There were 196 cases of heart failure recorded.
After adjusting for a long list of variables including smoking, weight, alcohol use, diabetes, kidney problems and use of anti-hypertensive medications, Dr. Krishnan found the occurrence of heart failure was significantly higher among those with high uric acid levels.
- So if you suffer from Gout make sure to talk to your doctor about your risk for heart problems.
- Also check out Flexcin the all-natural Joint Pain Supplement.
- The primary component of Flexcin is CM8 which relieves joint pain at its source, reduces inflammation and irritation of the joints and tissue.
- It has been great for many sufferers of arthritis, gout, bursitis, sports injuries and fibromyalgia syndrome.
Diet Tips To Control High Uric Acid Levels
Do you feel persistent joint pain especially in your fingers? Then, you have good reason to doubt that you have an increased uric acid level. Uric acid is a ...
The study appears online in August in the diary Circulation: Cardiovascular Failure.