Folk Remedies for Gout - Remembering Grandmas Way!
You or someone you love suffers from painful bouts with gout it might be time for you to turn to another method for dealing with the discomfort. Folk remedies for gout are a great way for you to subside the discomfort and alleviate the pain the way Grandma accustomed to.
As you likely already know, gout is a condition that is generally cased by eating foods that are high in purines. Treatment plans has been around for quite a while, before we had the advancements in medical technology that we have now. Back in the 'old days' when our grandparents and mom and dad would have to walk to school in the snow up hill both ways without shoes on their feet, they would use family items to treat common ailments.
For a while, the majority of gout sufferers preferred to be able to use the advancements in medicine to treat their symptoms, nonetheless there has been a drastic change in perspective lately. Many individuals are opting for Grandma's method instead. It seems many individuals are realizing how dangerous some medications actually can be and are not willing to take the risk.
- Try some of these folk remedies the next time you are feeling the pain from gout.
- After all, what do you really need to lose, the pain?
Grandma Would Tell You If Something is Inflamed and Swollen, Add Some Ice
You should do the same if the gout has cause swelling in your joints. Apply the ice for approximately 15 minutes and then take it off. You are able to reapply the ice again after you have anxiously waited about 8-10 minutes. Continue to do this until the inflammation comes down as well as the pain decreases.
Get Those Joints in Motion
Think of just what good ol' Grandma would say... 'Walk it off!'. Do just that, exercise the area as much as you can. Although there could be some distress you should continue to move the combined so the joints will become lubricated and decrease the chances of the uric acids crystallizing and depositing on the joints.
- Do you remember what was in your Grandmother's bathroom closet?
- A box of Epsom's salt.
- This is one of the old time remedies that were used for almost everything.
- Soak the area that is bothering you in a tub of warm water with a few teaspoons of Epsom's salt.
- Fresh strawberries are another of Grandma's favorite remedies.
- The strawberries are a great way for you to be able to reduce the effects of the uric acid in your body.
- Grandma would also pump you full of cherries and fresh cherry juice to get rid of your gout pain.
- The cherries and cherry juice will help your body in order to minimize the levels of uric acid within this.
As you can see, not only are the old folk remedies for gout great but your Grandma just might have been one of the best doctor's you ever met! We all know how wise our grandparents are, but who would have guessed they could be considered this smart, in order to be able to get rid of soreness without all of the extravagant medication doctors often prescribe nowadays.
Gout Treatment Natural Gout Symptoms Remedy To Remove Uric Acid Crystals
Gout Treatment http://hydingout.org A gout remedy on how to dissolve & remove uric acid crystals and also to reduce uric acid levels while letting you eat a gout ...
Alvin Hopkinson is a leading researcher in the area of natural remedies and gout treatment. Discover how you can get rid of your gout for good using proven home remedies, all without using harmful medications or drugs. Visit his site now at http://www.goutremoval.com.