Herbal Cures for Arthritis
There are three common types of arthritis. They include osteoarthritis (the most common), affecting around 16 million Americans with an average age of 45. Osteoarthritis, also called degenerative joint disease (DJD), usually attacks weight-bearing joints just like the knees, hips, and ankles. It is also frequently found in the fingers, spinal. Each of our joint parts is cushioned by cartilage. Osteoarthritis attacks that cartilage material and gradually wears it down.
- Another type of arthritis is known as rheumatoid arthritis.
- Extremely painful and inflammatory, it strikes the lining of the joints and leads to severe joint destruction.
- It attacks millions Americans, many in their younger years.
Psoriatic arthritis is not as well known as the previous two, but actually eats away at the joints and can also manifest as psoriasis lesions on skin.
The term arthritis literally translates to "joint inflammation." If you suffer from some of the different types of osteoarthritis listed above, chances are you have taken drugs (either prescription or over-the-counter) to combat the pain, or tried alternative or "home" remedies.
You Haven't Yet Tried "Urtication," It May Offer Some Help
The term "urtication" comes from the botanical title, Urtica dioica and dates back some 2,000 years to be able to biblical times. Urtica dioica is also known as stinging nettle. The treatment is to grasp the nettles in a gloved hand and swat the sore joints with the nettles. This may sound quite bizarre, but the train has shown to be so successful for many people with arthritis that they now maintain a nettle plant on their window sill.
How to Cure Gout in 24 hours Naturally
http://draxe.com/ In this video, I'm going to share with you my top 6 home remedies for gout. Gout is caused by uric acid build up in the body. First I want to go ...
Here are a few more natural herbs that are used by many people to deal with arthritis:
Black Cohosh: Also Known as Black Snakeroot, Bugbane, Rattleroot, and Squawroot
This herb is a relaxant as well as being extremely effective in easing painful menstrual cramps. It's also effective in the treatment of osteoarthritis, rheumatic pain and nerve pain. In small doses, appetite and digestion are usually greatly improved and it can be very beneficial for the nervous system in general.
- Bogbean: Useful for treatment of rheumatism, osteo-arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Also has a stimulating effect on the actual colon.
- Celery Seeds: Use dried out ripe many fruits as an anti-inflammatory, anti-rheumatic, diuretic or perhaps anti-spasmodic.
- Great for treating rheumatism, arthritis and gout.
- Chapparal: Useful in cases of acne, arthritis, chronic backache, warts as well as skin blotches.
- Also alleged to be one of the best cancer-fighting herbs.
Feverfew: Use the leaves to take care of migraine headaches, arthritis, dizziness or vertigo, and tinnitus (ringing in the ears).
- Nettle: This is actually the herb we referred to earlier and is another one of those "universal" plants that is found all over the world.
- Rheumatism, arthritis, eczema, nosebleeds, high blood pressure are just a few programs.
- Nettles contain calcium, chlorine, iron, potassium, silicon, sodium and sulfur.
Saffron: A natural form of hydrochloric acid, saffron helps arthritics get rid of the uric acid which holds onto the actual calcium deposited in the joints. Also reduces lactic acid build-up. Said to be good for measles, skin problems, scarlet fever and perspiration.
- Yucca: Hope for arthritics.
- The extract from the plant has been used with surprising success on arthritis and rheumatism sufferers.
- All of the herbs mentioned here should be available at your local health food store along with suggestions on how to prepare them for use.
- Some applications will be in order to consume in teas while others may require the creation of a topical treatment.
No matter what remedies you decide on please consult your physician in order to make certain that your course of treatment does not interfere with any other medications that your doctor has prescribed for your treatment.
To learn about land polluting of the environment in india as well as water pollution solutions, go to the Pollution Facts web site.