Natural Gout Remedy - A diet Low in Purines
Diet low in purines is a natural gout remedy that can greatly reduce the chances of you getting the disease. In the event that you already have gout, this diet will give you a natural fix for those excruciatingly painful gout episodes. It has been found that men are more likely to get gout, especially as they get older. It seems that the older we get the more we indulge in foods and beverages an excellent source of purines. In the process an excessive amount of uric acid in the bloodstream, known as hyperuricemia, builds up and brings about the disease.
When the sharp crystals form in the body they will find their way to the joints and this is what causes the pain. The kidneys job is to break down purines for elimination. When there is an excess, the kidneys cannot thoroughly break them all down and this will cause the uric acid levels to be high. Engaging in a diet low in purines is the key to be able to lowering the uric acid to a safer as well as lower level in order to avoid gout attacks. If you have gout, or are at high risk for the disease, there are some foods, high in purines, that you need to avoid.
Beef, Pork, Lamb, Fish as Well as Bacon are Very High in Purines.
Foods high in yeast should also be avoided. They include beer, bread and some alcoholic beverages. However if you are on a low purine diet, you can occasionally indulge in these, but sparingly.
Certain cases vegetables, such as peas, spinach, asparagus, cauliflower and mushrooms should be avoided as they can further aggravate the symptoms.
- Poultry is also high in purines.
- These include chicken, turkey and also duck (white poultry).
Kidney and lima beans are also a no-no, along with cereal and breads made out of whole grain.
You can safely incorporate some foods straight into your low purine diet (within reason).
Fruits and Fruit Juices
Tomatoes and green vegetables.
What Is Gout and How can you Deal With It? Gout is a type of arthritis that causes painful, red, inflamed joints. Although nearly any joint in the body can be affected (such as the knee, fashionable, shoulder, ankle, fingers and toes) the most commonly involved combined is located at the...
Breads Not Made With Yeast
Milk and products made with milk (butter and also cheeses)
Coffee as well as tea.
- Gout sufferers, and those prone to develop the disease, should stay away from low carb diets.
- These diets are extremely an excellent source of purines because they consist of an abundance of meat and dark vegetables.
- This type of diet will simply aggravate an existing attack of gout.
- Gout has always been known as the "disease of kings" or the "rich man's disease".
- Only the wealthy could afford to eat like this on a regular basis.
Eating a Diet Low in Purines Has Great What are the Benefits
As far as weight reduction, it really is better than reduced carbohydrate diet because you will maintain your weight loss better. You will find natural treatments that will help control or prevent gout; however, staying away from the list of foods high in purines will help with the signs and symptoms.
Foods to Control Gout Attacks
Food may be nearly as effective at controlling gout as medicine is, so it's important to watch what you eat if you've got gout. This health video from About.com will ...
Are You or Someone You Care about Suffering from Gout?
Discover more details about Gout And also Relieving Gout Signs and symptoms at All About Gout at http://www.squidoo.com/all-about-gout.
- Are you making the right choices for your health issues.
- Debbie has been researching natural health care treatments and remedies.
- In doing so, she has created relationships with specific experts and in suggesting their products may receive compensation.